Friday, November 4, 2011

Toddlers being deceitful? Check.

Toddlers being deceitful?  CHECK.

Today I was laying in bed feeding the baby when I heard noises from the hallway.  Leonardo was on his way out of our room so I decided to give him a task.

Me:  Leonardo, on your way to the living room, could you tell Gavin that I know he is trying to get my umbrella from the top of the closet and that if he is successful, I am going to spank him with it?  **side note...  there was no way that (a) Leo would really turn against Gavin for my benefit, (b) that I would really do what I said, and (c) that they actually would believe that I would do what I said.

*Leonardo leaves the room and this is the conversation that I hear*
Leonardo:  Hey Gav.  What are you doing?
Gavin:  Making a step ladder.
Leonardo:  Do you need a spotter?

that went well.

Aside from what I will refer to as "in your face" deceit, there is a different kind when toddlers are around.  The sneaky behind-your-back surprises are the ones that really get you when they are discovered...  and sometimes it takes awhile to uncover these kind. 

Today I was doing laundry and I found a couple dollars in a pants pocket...  SCORE!  Later on I am taking my millionth (okay, okay...  it was only my sixth) load out of the washer and I smelled something nasty.  *sniff sniff*  what's that *sniff sniff* smells like *sniff* elephant poop at the circus or *sniff* horse poop, cow manure *sniff* Where is that coming from???  I will tell you where:  my clean clothes.  Right smack dab next to all of that (what should have been) cleanliness, stuck to the side of the washer was the most glistening turd I have ever had the privilege to lay eyes on.  Awesome.  So here are the two points of my story:  (1) After re-washing that load, I have maintained a fifty cent profit from my pants pocket treasure.  (2) You probably shouldn't borrow clothes from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment